It took me a while, but I got over my initial reluctance to make more Japanese + and x blocks, and I am nearly done with the May ones - that is a bit late for the Queen bees but at least they are done in May.
I have decided to stick to the brief, but try to add my own stamp on it - the crosses are for instance of the same tone to stand out - and I paid a bit of attention to the colour of the triangles.
5 things you need to know about these blocks:
- The cutting is tedious, well at least I find it tedious and be sure to keep to the measurements (worth it for the piecing)
- Once the cutting is done, the block is fairly easy to piece together
- Pay attention to where the + and x meet as it will show in the overall quilt
- It is quite hard to match the colours and the scrappiness (even harder when you are in a bee and these are only 2 blocks out of 46)
- It is a great scrap buster!
I am much happier - the stitching is much better as well. They will be ready to be sent tomorrow. And I will be able to move on. Whoohoo! Linking up this WIP to others at Freshly Pieced!
Find my knitting WIP here.