I am French, et alors! {Crochet}

Thursday 10 January 2013

I am making the most of the fact that Baby MiH does not have a choice regarding what he wears - here is his latest hat, the froggie hat - the transition before getting his French passport! To be honest I am not sure he really likes it, he knows deep down that this is going to be embarrassing one day... But right now, I think he is the cutest ever. 


This is another pattern from Posh Patterns (the designer behind the  little owl hat) - it is now much easier to work out his size (3-6 months). 

In comparison to the owl hat, this one does not cover the ears as much, and therefore does not end up on his eyes - probably a positive then. However the eyes stick out a bit, and therefore it is a bit harder to make him fit in the baby seat (although it is quite cute how the eyes stick out)! This is a very quick project - finished it within an evening (ie a 3-hour sleep slot). 



Pattern: Baby Froggy Hat by Posh Patterns (bought through ravelry)
Yarn: Lion brand Evergreen Cotton Yarn (in double) and a laceweight green yarn I had in my stash;
Organic cotton yarn (Rowan) in white and Lion brand cotton yarn in Black and Evergreen for the eyes  
Hook size: 5.5 mm hook for the body; 4.5 mm hook for the back and white of the eyes, 5.5 mm for the green (crochet like the body of the hat)



Just in case you think he is always asleep - he is not, took a long walk today to get him there today. 


I am not sure he is impressed.. Oh bless! I am going to love taking these pictures out when he comes back home with his first girlfriend. 

27 comments:

  1. eeeep - he is so cute! His girlfriend will be enchanted, and he will be mortified :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO cute!! I don't know why but this reminded me of a story of when my first was about the same age as yours. We just dressed him in onesies and sleepers most of the time, partly because he was so small and that's all we had that fit him, and partly because we weren't going out very much, so why bother? So my MIL was over one day and she says, "don't you have any.....clothes for him?" I can't remember my response but I have a feeling I was probably pretty cheeky. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeek! He is going to be the best dressed cutest thing in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest baby ever - love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby and love the hat - it's fabulous! Later if babyMIH complains about the photos you can always tell him that he could have been dressed as a "Rosbif".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - hope you share his passport photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He doesn't look terribly impressed in that last sweet photo! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh classic! Don't worry, you will have ample opportunity to put him in stuff that he will hate later on and thus giving you loads of 'ammo' for later on...clean your room or I'll post it on facebook...brush your teeth or i'll put it on flickr. You get me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he is cute: and what a great hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could he be any cuter? I really doubt that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now is the best time for hats for him to wear. Once he's able to grasp with his little hands, nothing stays upon his noggin. That is a cute hat and he is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely too cute to resist! Had to laugh at that last pic, though - he already seems to be picturing the embarassing times ahead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is important to get in the habit of embarrassing one's offspring. It will make them fully rounded human beings. :-)
    He does look so cute in his froggy hat though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nat that baby of yours is just so adorable even in a froggy hat! Congrats - sorry I'm late with those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness that is so cute! But yes, he will kill you one day when he finds out those photos are online :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the cutest baby in the cutest hat! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh he's adorable and so is the hat. Yes, it won't be long before he lays down the law about what he'll wear. May as well enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! The raised eyebrow in that last photos does, indeed, suggest that he has an opinion about modelling his hat. I, for one, think he looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. he's adorable and i love the knitted goodies, including the blanket in the last photos. before i had kiddos i used to knit for all my friend's babies. then i had kids and just hope to make them a pair of pj pants or two. maybe when they are teens i can start knitting for them (and boy will they love it then!). happy friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww, congratulations! He is so cute in his little froggy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wouldn't have thought he could get more adorable but I was wrong. Look at him with the hat! Nawww....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol! Cuteness overload!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh he is too adorable! I love the frog hat too! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This hat is adorable! I just found your blog through Arty and Crafty Little Things and love it. I do a lot of crocheting and it's always nice to find new and really cute inspiration!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute hat... and an even cuter baby! I am feeling inspired to try the pattern -- I have only crocheted blankets and scaRves, never anything that actually needs to fit!

    ReplyDelete