Vintage Country {Knitting}

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Not going into the City everyday clearly has an effect on the new projects I am working on. Of course I am still inspired by vintage patterns but the projects have more of a country feel now! But not too worry a City spin will appear as well - just at a later stage. 

Here is the start of the pattern design (feeding time is great for colour work!). 


Here is the knitted sample - made in between feeding, walking, cuddling etc.. It will be knitted in the round so it should be tighter. 

The yarn is Creative Focus Worsted from Rowan - I am using the same for the L+D cowl. 
I am not sure I am in love with the colour combination yet - I have some bright pink yarn on stand-by (so not my usual colour though), will have to see. What do you think? 

10 comments:

  1. I love the colour combo. The maroon and orange together are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would lso stick with he colr combo, looks great. I don't see pink workng here. It's great to see how motherhood is inspiring you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange, but the other two don't have enough contrast in value. Cute design though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a new baby! How on earth do you find the time?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its looks great to me, although I love pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I love pink but it's your project, so make sure it's something you love. I've never done colorwork as I'm still working on following knit/purl patterns correctly and finishing them up. But it's next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. And I'm loving the color combo. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good but the pink would look nice too, I think. I love the pattern you drew.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I love the contrast between the orange and blue, and between the purple and orange, but I wonder if the purple and blue are too close in value to be the more dominant colors? Whatever way you choose, it's going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete