Magazine inspired {crochet}

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Umaro and I are taking a break - at least now I have finished making the skeins into balls (took the whole episode of Homeland last Sunday!), and I can get on with it. Still I need something a bit quicker to finish .. and I also stumbled across this crochet cushion. Let's be honest, £40 for a cushion is a bit steep when it comes to a crochet project, and I have a similar yarn (actually it is nicer - some merino silk yummy fabric), and in theory I could do it. 





So here we are, I started a granny square, now realising that there is a bit more to the cushion than four granny squares, and I may need to will probably rip and start again - I really want to have the diagonals showing. So in the end it may not be as quick as I thought but I would love to be able to see a picture and replicate it - saving myself £40 in the process. 


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Tamis'Amis.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you are off to a great start! I'll be excited to see it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your groovy quilt and can´t wait to see the crochet project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you figure out the pattern. I love the look of knitted and crocheted pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to make your own version of something! Hope the pattern works out for you =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granny square is looking great - can't wait to see your version of the chic crochet cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a play. You will get there, or come up with something equally as good on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting take on a granny square. seems doable!

    ReplyDelete