Triangles + Curves {sewing}

Wednesday 19 September 2012

I finally started piecing together the triangles cushion cover and the Totally Groovy QAL. 

The cushion top quilt is now pieced together and needs to be quilted. I have spent the last couple of days thinking about this - I have it... until I change my mind again. Next week for an update! But so far so good - I do love triangles!



The piecing of the Totally Groovy QAL is on its way too - I must be really slow as everyone seemed to have pieced the quilt top within a day. In my defence I had to master the piecing of curves - a first for me. On the QAL post chains, Alyssa has asked other quilters to show us their tips - and after trying a couple I opted for the pinning method. It totally made sense to me when I read it - and I was able to replicate it quite easily. And here is the curvy start. This is a real fin quilt top to put together. So it may be time to think about the backing fabric - I am totally getting ahead of myself here - wild!  




I decided not to piece it line by line - crazy stuff...  split the quilt into blocks. I thought I may have more of a chance to make it look nice. Well you will have to decide when you see it finished!

Linking up late to Freshly Pieced today! 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful triangles and the groovy looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love th triangles and look forward to seeing your groove come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking Awesome! I am wishing right about now that I had done blocks instead of strips yikes its tedious lining up the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The triangles are looking good! A great start on the groovy quilt, hope your method works out =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I especially love your groovy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for trying curves! I'm too chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your triangles and your curves look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those triangles are lovely. I can't even contemplate trying curves, eekkk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the triangles and your curves looks fantastic. Look forward to seeing your Groove top finished - it's looking great, by the way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you find the triangles hard to piece together? That's next on my list, but I'm worried about matching the points! Yours looks great, and I like your reversible bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore that triangle project!

    ReplyDelete