Now that the sickness is ... less of an obstacle, I started cooking again. Whoohoo! And I have 4 months and a half to catch up on... So here is a first recipe - a definite must-have for those very bad days - or in my case for those days celebrating I am not sick and that I can eat again! Here is the very gooey brownies recipe. Maximum calories, maximum happiness - total win-win!
The recipe was found on this delicious vegetarian French blog. A super easy recipe and amazingly good!
So what do you need?
- 400g of Nutella
- 150g sugar
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs
- 60g flour
- 15g for cocoa powder without added sugar (Green and Black for instance)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of bicarbonate of sodium
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a bowl, sift the flour, the cocoa powder, the bicarbonate of sodium and salt. Keep to one side.
- Put the butter and sugar in a saucepan, and melt at low heat while mixing.
- Add 200g of Nutella and vanilla extract.
- Take off the heat and mix to make a homogeneous paste.
- Add the content of the saucepan to the bowl with the flour etc, and fold in gently.
- Mix well until combined (I used my mixer).
- Evenly spread half of the paste in a small-ish rectangular dish (lined with parchment paper)
- Melt the rest of the Nutella (200g) in the microwave and add it on top of the first layer of paste.
- Add the rest of the paste to the dish (you obtain a sort of Nutella sandwich).
- Bake for 45 minutes, oven to 180°C (it may not be totally 'cooked', but do not worry, it is the goo factor!).
- Serve lukewarm or cold.