Friday Randomly Sharing

Friday 11 September 2015

Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to FRS where I share what has caught my eye recently - but where you could also share what was interest to you - so please make full use of the comment box!

So here is what I put on my notebook this week ... 

- Une Poule a petits pas has released her new pattern - Jean Paul - a V-neck jumper, oversized as is her style. I really like the depth of the V-neck, and it could be so cozy in the right yarn - and she uses 8mm needles, whoohoo! Her patterns are usually quite easy to follow (but in French). Maybe not for now, but I may come back to it in a couple of months. 

- Kat of Slugs on the Refrigerator has a new cardigan pattern out. Kat is Master Crochet - and this cardigan includes a Cabled Crochet section. Apparently, you can crochet cables, did you know? I certainly did not... and therefore I had to try her tutorial and make my own section. And here is the result. 


It works! And it did not even take me that long to work out! And it reminded me how much I liked to crochet, so I am hoping to get back into it soon. If you have some crochet notions, it is an interesting tutorial to follow - totally widened my perspective on what you can achieve with the hook. 

- I wanted desperately to try a fair isle project this year. It has not yet happened, and I thought that the Sundottir KAL organised by Fernfiber would be my prompt - but I just have too many WIPs at the moment to justify a new one. However if you are interested go and check Fernfiber and grab your pattern discount. 

- I love dreamcatchers - just the name is amazing - and I love this version. It is so beautiful! It is on my decoration list for the boys' room. If anyone makes one before I do, do let me know! 

- Tilly has a great post about tools you need to mark seam allowances. I am sure these would save me loads of time!

- Love this article by Magdalena: I Gave Up Processed Food For A Month, Here's What Happened

- I am very excited because plaid is back apparently (see here and here) - and I have some plaid fabric in my stash that I actually like - cannot wait to get it out and make something!

1 comment:

  1. I like that crochet cable. I like the idea of a cozy cardigan for the upcoming fall and winter. I think that blogger conducted a great experiment of not having processed foods for a month. That is discipline. I try to make meals from scratch at least. Snacks, some are processed but in minimal amounts. I HAD to add that colorwork jumper to my faves on Rav. I am dying to make such a garment and it's been on my bucket list for some time. I like how this one is neutral compared to other designs that have more seasonal motifs. I would wait though for the pattern rights to go back to the designer. I don't want the whole book.

    ReplyDelete