It is a bit of a long post - there is probably a bit for everyone here. I think I will run this series every week now. I seem to read more and more from blogs and online magazines, but still want to keep the list readable.
On another note, the winner of the Nessa pattern is... no 1 Eulalia.. Congratulation!
Now onto the reading..
To sew or not to sew?
- I am sure you all have seen the new Tessuti pattern - the Demi pant - and I am not sure. They look SO comfy, but the ballooning effect on each leg, hmm.
- Rachel's off the shoulder top is so on trend. I wished there was a pattern for it (Rachel?)!
- All that vintage sewing inspiration - how beautiful are all these patterns?
- How to draft a swing tee tutorial - it makes it look SO easy!
- This tutorial to stop your machine swallowing your fabric - yes, finally! (so it is not just me and my poor skills, whoohoo!)
Behind the price of fashion
- Here are the maths behind a £5.99 Lidl pair of jeans - and it is not magic
- There has been a lot of discussion in the UK about the gender pay gap last week - but there is even more a pink tax applied to even women's clothes (read for the same unisex clothes women pay more).
- Is social media really killing our inner self? I am not sure, I can understand but I am sure other people have found like me benefits from building a community of like-minded people and sharing projects. I do wonder what the world of Baby MiH will be like though ..
- In my dreams, I will look and wear all of this collection and this collection - all of it - beautiful and ethical. Who said ethical fashion should be boring?
- I pinned exactly the same pictures (oh Pinterest!) when I wanted to knit Baby MiH a Gansey inspired jumper (yep, never happened) - but this could be a sign that I revisit it.
- A Granny square shrug - or the perfect way to use all these left over yarns I have..
whilst eating away...
- You have to check this recipe for an alternative (and surprising) Easter egg - a cake in a eggshell - really you have to check it, I cannot actually explain it properly.
- I am not exactly the best dinner date planner - especially when it involves one little man - but I should try harder (and use these tips), maybe even when it is just for the 3 of us.
- When we go on holiday near the beach, we usually collect cockles fresh from the beach (hours of entertainment) - and here is the perfect recipe Baby MiH would love (without the wine) - cockles + peas, a winner.
- Eat your rainbow - love this recipe (remove the bee pollen for a vegan version)
- Gluten free, vegan tortilla nachos - looks amazing, and finally an idea for the chickpea flour that has been sitting in my cupboard for a while now.
- A great vegan and gluten free recipe - Soba Noodles + chickpeas & spinach with tahini miso sauce.
... and looking at pictures (I am a multi-tasker, don't you know?)
- These pictures - you want them to move, can imagine them moving, and be like arrrghhhh!
- My brother and my parents are going to Japan this year (separately I might add, I am the only one embracing going on hols with my parents for free babysitting) - I am sending them there.
To nurture my inner peace...
- Look out for the IKEA Viktigt collection -designed by Ingegerd Råman. You may get a better idea of the collection here.
- Twelve reasons why minimalism may be the answer to anxiety (see point 10 the concept of “only purposeful or meaningful”)
- I love the French brand A.P.C. and seeing Jean Touitou’s Parisian home, I am not surprised.
- 90s kids bedrooms - the 90s have lot to answer for (and did nothing to my inner peace)