I did make a quick muslin first - to understand the construction, but also check the length of it. It seemed to be on the short side in the pictures. I am glad I made a muslin, I found out that the sleeves were a bit large, and that I wanted a bit more room in the body of the top.
Pattern: C-Top from Exclusivement Feminin
Fabric: lightweight jersey (from my local John Lewis in Welwyn Garden City)
I did not change much. I made the size L (I am a size 12/14 in the UK, EU42). I added 1 cm to the seam allowance, I added 2 cm to the length seam allowance, and I did not use any seam allowance for the sleeves (to make them slightly shorter). However I reduced the 'larger' size at the end after trying the top a few times. The neckline is therefore a bit deeper than it would have been.
The neckline is made according to the pattern, but it was really fiddly. Next time I will change the way I do it.
The seams are red, adding a bit of fun. You also see the seams of the butterfly sleeves when you wear it so it was worth thinking about the seams.
It took no time at all in the end - which I am still surprised at considering it looks quite complicated. It is a great top for the summer - and is that little bit more dressy than my usual Tshirts.
Next time, I will probably not go for stripes, the matching is quite complicated - especially if you keep decreasing the size. At least these were small stripes and to a certain extent I think it matters less (or so I am telling myself)...