Which cape are you? {Recreate}

Friday 5 April 2013

I have been wondering about publishing this post for a while - is it really cape weather, is it ever going to be cape weather? I have pinned this picture a long time ago. And I just know that I need a cape in my life... not sure which one though. 



I reviewed a few patterns available, and here are some suggestions to recreate this look. 

For a semi-fitted cape, you can try the Vogue Pattern V8776 (view A), made in red by Mimi - it looks amazing; For a plus size cape, try Burda Style 10/2012 #140 (although I am sure you can make this version in all sizes); For a jacket-cape (for work?), you could try the woodland stroll cape or oh so British version with the Papercut Watson jacket; For a vintage look with a peter pan collar try the papercut Milano cape. 

So which one will you be making? 

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. That is a chic cape. Love the first two patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I really love the Papercut version but got distracted on Mimi's blog by her gorgeous sashed maxi skirt - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annabella is right - Milano! Either that or Supergirl - well I can dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely.... but it was a knitted version for my eldest :) http://sixskeinsunder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/cape-success.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love capes, to me they are one of the most elegant clothing items! I wish I could do the patterns you suggested...Take care, Caterina

    ReplyDelete