I am so happy this quilt is finished. I talked about the WIP process there - this is for my friend who had a little boy a bit of time ago now (shame on me!). You would have thought that this one was going to be finished within days, but oh no... it took me months to get there. Of course, the top quilt was really easy to sew together (I talked about my choice of fabrics here).
I am really pleased the bias tape I found at Ma Petite Mercerie in ochre. I mentioned in my first post that I was considering gold, and I had the right idea - it really pops and makes it really summery. I finally spent some time finding out how to put a bias tape properly - and here is the tutorial that actually made sense for me.
And it works beautifully with the back fabric. I am very pleased it is finished, but also with the actual quilt. I hope my friend will be too, and that she will be able to keep it for a little boy for a bit of time.
Some quilt stats
Measurements: 140 cm x 105 cm
Pattern: my own - for a baby boy
Fabric: Happy Drawing Elephants; Free as bird | Pollen, Up, Up and Away; Botanics: Graph Paper Garden in blue
Backing: Koi - Smile and Wave in Reed
Binding: Bias tape in ochre from Ma Petite Mercerie