I am very pleased with this month's entry to Le Challenge. I have learnt something new and made something useful - I am always amazed I could make things that I can use. And it looks cute, right?
So a new cover for my Ipad (that as you can see already has a case, a bit too business like for my linking, but sturdy and really useful).
You will need:
- Hama beads and the accessories that go with them (a pegboard, paper to iron)
- Felt fabric (I had this one in my stash, I believe for Christmas projects, so I have no idea where I got it from, sorry)
- Craft PVA glue
1. Make two arrows with the Hama Beads
2. Make the centre pattern separately
3. Iron - beware of not ironing too much, it does melt quite fast
4. The back looks all melted together - and you should wait for the pattern to cool down before removing from the pegboard (I had not in my first attempt and it ended up all wonky - not a good look!)
5. That gives you time to make the felt Ipad case. Take the measurements and sew both sides. Because I used thick felt I made the seams visible and then cut the fabric close to the seams - up to you. If you make your Ipad felt case around your existing case, take into account the thickness of the case.
6. Use your Craft glue - try to centre your pattern, et voila - looking corporate but with a twist!
This was a very fun project to make - and very quick as well. Baby MiH is a bit small but I am sure he will love to make something like this later, and we will be able to customise everything - poor him!
The other le Challenge entries are here!