Catching up | #Followyourarrowkal {Knitting}

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Catching up is what my life is all about at the moment. I have been travelling a bit for work, and despite taking a few projects with me, I never get to make as much progress as I would like. And of course when I come back, it is all about catching up with Baby MiH and Mr MiH, doing some washing, cooking for my boys, packing/unpacking and sleep..


I would like to say that the #followyourarrowkal has not progressed as much as I hoped because of this but it is just not true. I am losing interest in it as it is just too small for me. I have been on IG a lot to see how other projects were progressing and other knitters are sharing my frustration. 


And of course until this Monday (the last clue in the KAL), I did not know what to do about it - and actually even know that I have all the clues, I am still wondering if I am just not going to frog it and use that beautiful yarn for something else. 


It totally goes against signing up for a pattern - but it was a mystery KAL so I did not know what I was going to knit really and on the positive side I have now a beautiful lace pattern in my Ravelry library that I could use elsewhere. 


So what would you do people, carry on - making it up as I go along, hoping that it will grow enough to become wearable or just frog and start something that I will like (such as this pattern)? 

8 comments:

  1. I know sod all about knitting I'm afraid, but that yarn is gorgeous so I hope that you get something wearable out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a hard one, if you kept going with it could you. Give it to someone as a gift if it to small for you? If not if say cut your losses and use the yarn for something else! The yarn is far to lovely to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My way of thinking is, if you're not happy with it now, you won't be. It is gorgeous yarn and such a pretty colour for you. The other sweater does look nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a shawl? Then, I would finish it, block it agressively and it might be bigger than you expect! A light shawl on a t-shirt is just what you might need for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No contest, knit the top, it's absolutely lovely. You can always knit the mystery knit another time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stick with it, if you still have to froggit then do that at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yikes! How frustrating to participate and have results that don't work for you. I say frog it if you want this yarn for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that usually once I dislike a project, it's hard for me to ever look favorably at it again. If that's how you are, I would frog it and start that sweater you linked to. Honestly, I am a slow and erratic knitter and I want to order yarn and immediately start on that sweater. It is perfect! So, the sweaer gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete