Simple love {quilting}

Friday 15 February 2013

My pack of low volume charms received as part of the LVswap organised by Rebecca Lynne is finished. I was not sure what I would make when I entered the swap. But after some blog stalking research, I found inspiration here and here. And here is simple love - the quilt. 


Since yesterday, I added quilted in red around the heart. I have thought hard about the quilting, and decided to keep it simple. I may change my mind later, but for the time being I am quite happy with it. 


 Here is what I used for the quilt.. 
1. Liberty bias tape found here; 2. and 3. The low volume fabrics I sent as part of the swap; 4.  Fabric I won from Plum and June Giveaway; 5. cannot remember the fabric (anyone); 6. Kona Red fabric

To hang it, I used an idea from a blog I cannot remember the name of (but if you know who you are, please let me know!). 



And here we are the perfect quilt for a Valentines Day photoshoot of Baby MiH. The quilt is in fact not really my style - it was done purely for the photoshoot (thank you cards for presents we received) and practising my piecing .. Should it be a giveaway? 

Simple love has now made it to Annabella's home in Marrakesh

17 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty! Your quilt is lovely, and even more cute with your adorable son laying on it!!! Time flies, right?!! - 2 months already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Give it away to me!! ;-) I love it and the red together with the neutrals is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simple things are the best. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee. i have totally made things just for a photo shoot. so much fun when they are also still willing to be still enough for those. i love the details of the quilt and your adorable little fella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not use it for a play mat for baby? The high contrast of the fabrics will catch his eye. Love it! I adore red against neutrals in quilting. In fact, I have a top that really should do something with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. delighted to see what someone else has used their bundle from Rebecca for. I have a bee coming up and thought that I would use it for the background..just wasn't sure but now that I have seen your quilt I think I will do it. Great contrast. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's darling and very appropriate for a Valentine addition to your decor (even if it's not quite your style!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful. Are you sure you dont want to use it for baby mih? If you are certain that you dont it would be loved at a chilfrens hospice or other caregiving group. Just a thought. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great MiH creation! I love quilts and I wish I was able to make one as well...Nat, tomorrow I'll send you an email with my homework...have a great w-e, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful. Can you bear to part with it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red is fantastic. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How in the hell did I miss this? I am coming here from Annabella's...she is In Love with this quilt and I am so happy it has made her happy. I am sorry the LV didn't stay at your home...but I am glad it found love somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow! This is soooo sweet! The fabric choices are perfection!

    ReplyDelete