However with some 'high-tech' machinery (a sticky roller, a handheld hoover, and a lot of ironing) It was nearly painless - and a beautiful hooded towel we have now.
I did not change a thing to the tutorial as I wanted to see how it turned out in the end - and also using a new fabric texture got some used to. I mentioned a few appliances that were life saving in the end.
Cutting Terry Cloth is a nightmare, well personally I find it a nightmare. There are bits everywhere it is messy and you are worried it will unravel. I had my sticky roller handy all the time, and actually it did not unravel once you are rolled out all the bits. It was really useful to see the sides of the fabric again. I was worried the bits would also go into my sewing machine, but as I removed them that did not happen.
Also Terry Cloth has a tendency to stretch and therefore it is hard to keep it flush with the cotton fabric. I ironed it a lot to make sure the two layers stayed together during the sewing process. So every time I was sewing a side, I ironed the towel again. Worked wonders.
I personally feel that the hood is actually quite small in comparison to the body of the towel, and I think I will change that next time. Also it does eat a lot of fabric in one go - so I may go for cheaper fabric or make the main part with different bits of fabric.
To buy the organic Terry Cloth.. Well that was a bit of a chore here in the UK. I bought it from EcoEarth fabrics, and I believe you can buy it on Etsy at Werkundstoff as well. The cotton fabric is from Robert Kaufman Urban Zoologie Owls.
And apart from that, it is finished Friday, and this little cross-stitch (definitely not little by the way) is finished. More tomorrow, I am hoping to have a chance to frame it to show you!
Happy Friday everyone!