Is it really october?

Monday 1 October 2012

Not so long ago I was wondering where had August gone. Well, September has come and gone even faster. Work has just been taking so much of my time (ie all of my evenings) that I had to leave the blog alone for a week and just get things done!

Source

Still I cannot totally ignore the blogosphere for too long, even though I may not comment, I am still around. Here are some of my favourite projects! 

Anna Maria Homer is counting the days to the publication of her new book on Needlework and so am I!! You can see some pictures from her book on her blog - it is full of colours and beautiful patterns. Everything that you could expect from AMH but dedicated to needlework projects this time! You can pre-order here

Because everyone needs at least one more QAL, you should join the Pervalong QAL organised by Charlotte at Displacement Activity - it is modern, it is fresh and the quilt will make a great statement piece in anyone's hallway. I will be doing it, however I am not sure whether I will get a chance to make it at everyone else's pace. I am starting a maternity leave to do list, so this will probably be high on it!

I had to mention Rashida Coleman-Hale again. No, I am not obsessed, she just happens to make the most amazing projects ever. Look at that clutch she made using her Clouds fabric! Aren't you jealous?? I am - the fact that I am not going out at all at the moment (and probably for the next year) is irrelevant. I want a super fashionable clutch as well!

A bit out there on the colours, but I could see myself making this PomPom collar in white or black or navy blue. I am thinking I need a new style for my life 'after work' and pompoms should definitely feature in it!

Finally there is this cute free embroidery pattern from the Sometimes Crafter that would make me smile every  time I would look at it. Possibly another project for when I am on maternity leave (still waiting for the baby to come!). 

Finally my new favourite group is Theordore, Gabriel and Paul - a French group singing in English. Check out Silent Night

So what were your September highlights? What are you working on (come on I know most of you have got some Halloween project going on - let's hear them!). Blog is resuming tomorrow as normal and I have a bit of progress to show you... 

I am linking up to Lynne's Small Blog Meet today! 

13 comments:

  1. I. need. that. book!!!!!
    Love that clutch too - hope she does a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll on maternity leave so you can pervalong ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea where september went either. If you figure it out please let me know! And thanks for the pervalong love :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clutch is just fab!! Thanks for sharing so many lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always link up to such gorgeous projects- its like a pinterest super fix without all the other "crap" in, only the really good bits!! Ange x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean! Where did September go? I´m currently working on some miniquilts/pillowcovers in a rich marygold yellow. No halloween as far as I´m concerned... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. September flew! No Halloween projects here, but many, many UFO's I plan to work on - starting with a queen size flannel quilt that needs quilting, yeek! Can't wait to see what you share next...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also looking forward to Anna Maria Horner's new book and adored Rashida's clutch like everyone else! I hope everything is well with you and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. September highlights? I'm still trying to finish up August's projects, lol! Dropping in from Lily's Quilts small blog linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like this whole year has just flown by. I'm excited for October (my birthday is this month) the weather if finally starting to cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many amazing sewing links!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just popped over from the small blog meet and feel we both have the same time affliction - where is it all going? Too much work and not enough craft time I say. Any way, nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete